Tuesday 5 April 2011

Narrative Storyline.

I have decided to use a narrative in my video, as the videos I have previously looked at, I felt were particularly strong, including One Night Only- 'Say You Don't Want It'. I loved the movement in this video, and felt that the use of narrative which matched to the lyrics was extremely effective. For my narrative, I think that the artist needs to appear strong, and as if she is moving on from a relationship with the man she refers to as not being able to 'handle his excuses'. I think that this could be difficult without her coming across as bitter, so to make her appear as if she is leaving things behind and moving on, she will literally leave things behind throughout the narrative, for example dropping bags, and removing items of clothing as she is walking, to add movement. Here, I can include items that appear often in Indie videos, or are associated with Indie artists, such as Rayban sunglasses which I have previously blogged about. I think that this will portray a strong image that will make her seem like she is in control, appealing to the female members of the audience as she is dominant and knows what she wants, and appeals to the male audience members because she knows her mind, and the fact she is proving that she does not need a man in her life, making her a challenge to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment