Thursday 24 March 2011

Adele- Someone Like You.


This is a video of Adele peforming 'Someone Like You' on 'Later Live with Jools Holland' which is a popular TV show for Indie and Alternative artists to perform on. 

There is not a specific music video for this song, but I personally think that this video of the performance in a way, creates an effective and suitable video for the song. The isolation of the artist on the stage reflects the lyrics of her being alone, whilst her ex-lover has moved on and married someone else. I think that the simplicity of the stage set up, with simply the artist herself, and one man playing a piano reflects the starkness and simplicity of the song. I think that once I have chosen a song to make my music video for, I need to look at how I can make sure the video is a true reflection of the song, so the two aspects match well, and create a strong overall product.

No comments:

Post a Comment