Thursday 24 March 2011

Amy Winehouse- 'Rehab'.

(embedding disabled by request) 

This is the video for 'Rehab' by Amy Winehouse. Throughout the video, the artist is performing the song, around a large looking house, with people in the background playing a mixture of unusual and acoustic instruments. The Saxophones establish her more into the Jazz genre, but with a modern twist. The artist appears casual throughout the video, almost like this is the norm for her, but maintains a strong image, with an attitude to match. I particularly like that even though she does not play the instruments in the video, she maintains an independent and creative image. I think that I could borrow this idea from this video and genre as it would allow me to achieve a more professional looking video if the actor or actress I choose to play the artist in my video does not play the instrument in real life, if they do not, then the video could lack a look of authenticity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment