Thursday 24 March 2011

Ellie Goulding- 'Starry Eyed'



This is the video for 'Starry Eyed' by Ellie Goulding. I was looking for music videos of artists similar to Sarah Holmed, which feature a motif when I discovered this one which uses a star, like I had considered doing. The motif is not used the whole way through this video- and is often seen just at the points when the lyric 'Starry Eyed' is repeated. It is incorporated by the use of star shaped sequins all over her palms, and the use of superimposed footage over the top of her performing. I think that these techniques of incorporating a motif are effective in this video, except I think it could have been used in other parts of the video, as using it alongside the lyric 'Starry Eyed' appears a little obvious and naive. I think it could have featured in the other performance scenes of the video without looking overused and obvious. When applying a motif to my video, I think I need to take into account that it should be used enough to be noticed, but at the right times in the song, and not too much as though it appears obvious and over thought. Ellie Goulding and this song are more in the Pop genre, and I think that the overall of effects used here (such as Chroma Key Green Screening) could be too high budget looking for my video, although I could use this technology (in Final Cut Express) I think that due to a convention of Indie being the 'low budget look' this could be too modern looking as an effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment