Thursday 24 March 2011

The Animals & Muse.

The Animals; House of The Rising Sun (original)



Muse; House Of The Rising Sun (cover)

 


Here is the original video for 'House Of The Rising Sun' by The Animals, and the cover version (not video) by Muse. This song mixes the Indie genre, with a grittier Rock style sound. As you can hear, the bands are very similar sounding, the difference between them being that Muse mix the original song and incorporate their own Alternative style to 'make it their own'. Muse today, are seen as an Alternative Rock band similar to Radiohead, but many people link their slower, grittier, more melodic music to that of Jeff Buckley (who I have previously blogged about). When my final song has been chosen to use in my music video, I think if it is by a male artist, and has a more melodic and deeper style to the upbeat, more Indie Pop genre songs and artists I we have looked at, such as James Morrison and One Night Only, then I could look at The Animals, Muse, Jeff Buckley and other similar artists, such as The Smiths for more inspiration when planning my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment