Thursday 24 March 2011

Paolo Nutini- 'New Shoes'.


This is the video for 'New Shoes' by Indie artist Paolo Nutini. 

The video throughout features literal footage to match the lyrics, such as 'I made my way to the kitchen' where the artist is seen onscreen doing just that. I really like the movement within this video, from the walking through the street line of narrative, to the panning shots of the artist in the kitchen, which are both matched to the music video convention of cutting the takes on the beat. I think this is a typical Indie genre video also, due to the 'low budget' look the product has, which is popular in videos of this genre. I think from this, I could gain inspiration to consider using literal lyrics when I have chosen my song, as I think it emphasizes the cheekiness and fun side to the artist, and promotes the message that they do not take themselves too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment