Thursday 24 March 2011

Duffy- Mercy.



This is the video for 'Mercy' by Duffy.

The video is set in what appears to be a dance hall, with the artist performing the song, whilst people dance around her. I really like the muted colour scheme throughout the video which helps to create an old fashioned, yet timeless feel. I also think the dress code of the artist in this video works very well as it reflects the vintage feel, I think this could be useful when planning my video, as I could look to vintage styles to inspire my artist's look. A convention of the Indie genre that is also apparent in this video is the use of editing, with cuts on the beat of the music. I think this is hugely important in my video as it allows for the musical score to match up to the video well, and so that they link with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment